Week 6

During this class, I focussed on playing around again with some more infographic style posters. I initially tried the idea of frankenstein due to both the feedback I had been given about it being grotesque, along with my interviewees having felt like they were monsters and how much of a dehumanising experience they found it to be.


I really like this style, but found that the text got very easily lost and so opted to try something quite a bit more abstracted. Which led me to this idea:

I additionally began reading the book stigma, which references how stigmas initially began and dates back to when prisoners would have their prison numbers tattooed onto them, creating a social stigma. Throughout this process I have been very aware of the need to create design to destigmatise and therefore why I need to ensure I know as much about stigmas as I do about acne for my design solution. 


Some additional inspiration boards:





Comments