Week 11

This week was for our proposal workshops. I found this extremely useful as it reinforced an idea which I had about using a metaphor to convey acne. In my earlier research I had theorised things which popped but didn't have such a negative connotation and one which consistently arose was bubble gum. This is because bubblegum has similar principles but may be a little less icky.
Just like a stigma, bubblegum has branding. Just like acne, it pops. However, unlike acne,
bubblegum is something which delights and has a positive connotation. This is why I am choosing 
to use bubblegum as a motif throughout my proposal. By simply associating bubblegum with
a positive imagery, it will alter the perceptions, due to the effects of positive evaluative conditioning.


Positive evaluative conditioning research: 









These were the contact sheets from my bubblegum shoot:





Additionally I began formatting the wording of my proposal and tweaking my abstract. I also researched into the theories which my proposition was formatted around, in doing this I explored the health promotion page of the world health organisation, which educated me on  Community Empowerment Theory & Health Literacy and Health Behaviour and I additionally added in a form of communication theory called diffusion theory which theorises the gradual dispersement of information to inform, as well as body image theory which is extremely relevant to acne. 


Comments