Week 5

This week I had to return to Christchurch as we went into lockdown due to Covid-19. As a result of this, I didn't get very much work done so mainly collected some inspiration for the posters we are designing in the coming weeks. Overall, I'm finding that I feel really flat and unmotivated. I feel a bit like there is an overwhelming amount of pressure being put on me due to the fact work have given us courses to complete while working from home, as well as having design work that I need to get done. I just feel exhausted and like theres nothing left in the tank. But anyway...



I then began designing some initial concepts:


I feel however that this illustration style isn't really resonating with the grotesque, bleeping aesthetic of acne. I also looked into a couple of past students examples and noted that a lot of them used metaphors as a way to convey their subject matter, one in particular was like toast, but it was referring to sun cancer, so I brainstormed things that pop and came up with this... 


I then used this to develop the following poster iterations:


During this week, we also presented where our projects are currently at and we were encouraged to explore visual outputs which we were considering. In this class Ant also indicated the fact that our posters should be sort of like an infographic and summarise all of our research to date. 







Comments